Dr Chris Steele (MBE), MMS graduate,
GP and resident TV doctor
- Innovative teaching by award-winning academics
- Options to intercalate and study in Europe
- New Consultation Skills Learning Centre
- Community-based placements
- Use of cadavers in dissection
- Early clinical experience at NHS Foundation
Trusts in the North West
- Patient cases from a diverse population
- School is part of the University of Manchester
- Ranked within the top 40 universities worldwide
Key course features
MMS / NHS facilities
- First ever Community Open Day for Medical and Human Sciences
The Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences at the University of Manchester is holding its first ever Community Open Day in partnership with the Faculty of Life Sciences on Saturday 6 July.
- Study investigating how much peanut is safe to eat
A new study has begun which will, for the first time, identify how factors like exercise and stress may change how much peanut can cause an allergic reaction in the UK population.
- First e-training course launched to boost diagnosis of ME
A groundbreaking e-learning course, designed by researchers from the Universities of Manchester and Keele, is being rolled out across the UK to improve diagnosis of ME
- Health experts from Manchester and China join forces on genetic research
Health experts in Manchester and Beijing, China, have joined forces to advance research into genomic medicine – the fastest growing medical speciality and a crucial area of health research.
See: more news
Events taking place associated with the Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences
- Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches in Addiction Research12:00 - 15:00 Thursday 20 June 2013
Host: Health Sciences
About this event:
This is an interactive, interdisciplinary seminar; it’s an opportunity for researchers, clinicians /addiction treatment personnel, policy makers and postgraduate students from different backgrounds to share expertise, hear new research, develop collaborations and investigate the possibilities for joint activities.
- Child Language Seminar 2013Monday 24 - Tuesday 25 June 2013
Host: School of Psychological Sciences
Location: Renold Building
About the CHild Language Seminar: